Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Textures

Sometimes when I'm playing photographer I like to take pictures of things that you can almost 'feel' with your eyes. You know onomatopoeia? It's kind of the same thing, except instead of words that sound like the sounds they stand for, it's images that feel like the subjects they're of. Below is just a series of random pics from the last month or so. 


This is a close-up of a cement pillar outside the Clareview Superstore. I had the day off, and to save the hassle of dragging a prickly 10-year-old through the torturous (to him) project of grocery shopping, I went in and bought all the things we needed and then waited outside for L and the kiddo to come pick me and my packages up. There was a few people also hanging around the front of the store, either waiting for a ride or scoping out an opportunity to take off with one of the bright orange pumpkins being displayed under the store's outdoor canopy. 


This is the pretty little leave that decorated my place at the dinner for L & C's wedding on Saturday. It was a buffet, so there was no plates at our seats, just a lovely white napkin with a specially placed leaf atop it. I love how you can see the veins in the leaf, which is an actual natural item and not some plastically-produced product!


This picture is from outside my building. There are all these cement planters with bright coloured flowers in various states of seasonal decline. The dandelion fluff and/or spiderwebby type substance makes everything look fuzzy and soft. I didn't dare test out the actual textures, though!


Another flower from the planters outside my building. I love playing with macro on my camera and seeing how close I can get without making things blurry. This petunia (pansy?) looks so soft, like velvet. Makes me wish I was a little like Thumbelina so that I could curl up in the center of these beautiful heart-shaped petals and have a nice, long, afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment