Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Refreshment

I went on a sunny autumn walk during my half-hour lunch break today. The sky was bright, the day star was warm on my skin, and there was a perfect fall breeze. I didn't have my cellphone or other way of telling time so I didn't want to go too far, so I just went down the street and around the business park where my company is installed. I made a pit-stop in 7-Eleven, partially out of habit, and partially out of a desire for *something*. A slow amble through the shelves still had me leaving with empty hands, which I guess is a good thing. 


Today is the third day of my new life, and there were a couple of interesting things that occurred. One, I had no desire to stop at the store on my way to work to get a diet coke. Usually I feel like heading into a day without at least one 591ml bottle of the stuff is the surest way to death. But, this morning, my mouth had no desire for it. The second thing was that short stop at 7-Eleven. Feeling as world-weary as I do today, I should have been grabbing at anything and everything with a calorie count over my daily intake amount. But, I didn't. Good for me :)

Going for a walk was a great idea, though. It was perfect; walking let me rest my eyes, enjoy some natural vitamin D, soothed my nerves with necessary solitude, and gave me a few moments where the relationship between my body and I was based solely on the need to keep putting one foot in front of the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment