Thursday, September 30, 2010

Homecraft Nouveau

Just wanted to share this little piece of funky/beautiful. This is so distinctly not the kind of arts-and-crafts project I could see my female relatives recommending. Where's the yarn? Where's the macaroni? What it IS, though, is quite possibly the coolest craft I have seen in a VERY long time. Made by the intrepid creator and writer of Epbot and Cakewrecks, Jen, and her equally amazing husband John, this desk is so gorgeous and creative I want to steal it from their house. Or, you know, make my own. 

Just one angle of the penny-pocked desk-top

Visit here to see more amazing pictures and a step-by-step tutorial of how they changed an ordinary piece of wood into a fantastic, rustic, steampunk-inspired piece of furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment